We Can Grow It

Alaska Community, Neighborhood and Family Garden Website. Encouraging all to grow a garden whether you are in a village, town or city in ALASKA. We can grow it in the land of the midnite sun! Yes we can!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Raspberries, Strawberries and Greenhouse Success


I have visited my friend, Anna's, greenhouse to check on my transplants that she has started for me. It is incredible. With only a potbelly stove, she is already so far ahead of the game. I dug 4 kinds of raspberries (1 black, 1 yellow 2 red), strawberries and took home an audacious basil, wild chives from SC Alaska and the energy to begin my greenhouse tasks.

I like to purchase transplants from businesses and individuals who have a track record of successful plants in Alaska. My strawberries are now in the greenhouse (136) and my raspberries (50) are planted on the hill, deep in bison manure and good compost. Thanks everyone for a great second week in May!


Ruby Peck-Hollembaek
Farmer/Rancher
Delta Junction, Alaska
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and I will return a note. If you would like to send photo, please comment and I'll get back with you asap.